Eligibility for Playing for Keeps
Register a minimum of 10 business days prior to the start of the activity to ensure
application will be processed
Sports and recreation activities which require at least bi-weekly attendance. Examples: soccer, baseball, brownies/scouts, music lessons, arts and crafts, karate, swimming lessons, dance, hockey, etc.
- Recipients must be between the ages 3-21 years
- Family must reside in Hastings, Northumberland or Prince Edward Counties and be unable to pay the registration costs
- Families may apply for a maximum of $500 per child, per calendar year.
- Funds are awarded only for registration fees
- Funding must be for ongoing activities/programs
- All application forms must be fully completed for the application to be processed
- Payment will be made directly to the organization/program
- Organizations must provide proof of registration before payment will be issued
- Reimbursements will not be issued
- Arrears will not be issued
- Families are asked to contribute a minimum of 10% of the registration fees if possible
- Applicants and organizations will be notified within 10 business days of receipt of their fully completed application regarding approval status
- Family must attach proof of income
How can Families Apply?
- Fill out the form below or download and print the application below.
- Pick up a form at any of The Children’s Foundation locations
- Please register a minimum of 10 business days prior to the start of the activity to ensure application will be processed
Other Sources of Referral
- If the organization you are seeking funding for has a subsidy program available, for instance YMCA’s Strong Kids Campaign, you must first access this.
- For school sports and activities please contact school boards
- HPEDSB Learning Foundation; www.hpedsb.on.ca/ec/lrf 613-966-1170 ext. 2205