The Children’s Foundation is hiring a summer student!
JOB TITLE: Community & Program Event Assistant for Hastings
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Children’s Foundation educates and inspires our communities to effect change and to bring people and financial resources together to improve the quality of life for children and youth who are at risk in Hastings, Northumberland and Prince Edward Counties. If you care deeply about the welfare of children and want to work in a dynamic environment, we would like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community & Program Event Assistant for Hastings County will provide support and help organize special events for The Children’s Foundation.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Education and Skills:
- Preference will be given to students working towards Fund Development Diploma and programs to work with children.
- Marketing & communication skills
- Full-time student during the 2016/2017 academic year and returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2018
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems such as XP Operating System, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 or newer version
- Ability to work professionally in a team environment
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work
- Valid driver’s license and daily use of a vehicle with $1,000,000 auto liability insurance
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check upon hire
The hourly rate of pay for this position is $14.00 per hour and 30 hours per week.
Please apply in writing, (e-mail applications are preferred) by June 1, 2018:
Connie Reid, Executive Director
The Children’s Foundation
363 Dundas Street West, Belleville, ON K8P 1B3
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered will be contacted.